- We can be difficult
- It is a small country so Dundee is very different from Aberdeen
- Glasgow is very different from Edinburgh
- The Highlands differ from the lowlands
- We still think about Mary Queen of Scots
- We are not necessarily all into fish, like salmon and sturgeon
- There’s no concensus about religion in Scotland
- Err… that’s it, add seven more…My readers write on Facebook:
9. We love drinking whisky
10. Fitba is the nearest thing to a national religion
11. We can all recite at least one verse of a Burns poem
12. Ye need a lang spun tae sup wi’ a Fifer
Tag Archives: Inverness
15 things about Scots people you should know
KLM misses Hyderabad landing through airport confusion
IT WAS ONLY a nib in the Times of London, but it was a good nib (news in brief), if not a great NIB. It’s so small it’s not on Times Online.
A KLM fright, according to The Thunderer today, couldn’t figure out where to land in Hyderabad because it didn’t know where the airport was. Heck, when we were in Bengaluru a few weeks ago, this was the burning question of the day.
This is the situation. Apparently Sonia “Mother of India and Italy” Gandhi opened the new Hyderabad airport only for it to be closed the day after because everything wasn’t quite ready. In rival South Indian city Bangalore, the airport was supposed to open on the 31st of March but it won’t open until the 11th of May because there are some things like connections to sort out yet.
According to apocryphal reports from Inverness, a Dan Dair pilot once landed his jet on what used to be the Inverness airport, only to find itself bogged down in a field. These things happen. I still maintain, however, that compared to Heathrow, Mumbai International is a dream place to fry out of. The domestic airport is fine too – it’s the transit system between domestic and international that’s bogged up. At least you don’t get thrown into a communal shopping area, a la Terminal Five, ‘Eefrow. ♥